**Important-Must be signed before delivery**
CANOE, KAYAK & STANDUP PADDLEBOARD LIABILITY RELEASE
Please read carefully. This is a release of liability and waiver of legal rights.
1. I acknowledge that use of a canoe, kayak or standup paddleboard (also referred to as “the Activity”) is hazardous and involves a great risk of physical injury or death. I assume all risks associated with the Activity including, but not limited to, varying water conditions, obstacles, other canoes, kayaks and boats, other kayakers and water users, natural and manmade objects, varying weather conditions, as well as varying depth and currents. I acknowledge that use of a canoe or kayak may involve serious personal injury or even death. I hereby recognize and assume those risks.
2. In consideration of the purchase or demo of a canoe, kayak or standup paddleboard from Lake Region Paddle (Ski Hot Inc.), I agree to release and hold harmless the Lake Region Paddle, it subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective agents, directors, officers, owners, contractors and employees (collectively “the Released Parties”) from any and all claims I might have as a result of the Activity, including those claims based on negligence or breach of warranty. Additionally, I agree to indemnify the Released Parties for any and all claims whatsoever brought by a third party for any damage which I may cause or which any other person may cause while engaged in the Activity.
3. I agree to return it in the same condition as I received it, normal wear and tear accepted. I understand and agree that I am responsible for the canoe, kayak or standup paddleboard and any protective equipment provided. I acknowledge that the Shop has advised me the use of a protective life jacket is mandatory. Paddleboards are intended for only one rider at a time. I agree that I will not allow more than one person at a time to be on the board.
4. If I am signing this liability release on behalf of a minor, less than 18 years of age (“the child), I represent that I am the parent and/or legal guardian of the child; I accept responsibility for all the child’s medical expenses incurred in connection with the Activity; I agree to indemnify the Released Parties for any and all claims brought by the child; and I agree to indemnify the Released Parties for any and all claims brought by a third party arising in connection with the child.
5. In exchange for the Shop allowing me to rent or demo the aforementioned equipment, I contractually agree that any and all disputes between myself and the Shop arising from my use of this equipment OR my participation in the Activity, INCLUDING any claims for personal injury and/or death will be GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ME and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION thereof will be in the state court residing in the county where the alleged tort occurred or federal court of the State of ME.
6. WEAR AN APPROVED FLOATATION DEVICE, HEAD PROTECTION AND BE ALERT FOR OBSTACLES. I have been offered a Personal Floatation Device at no additional cost and am aware that it is required by law to be kept upon the paddleboard or worn during activity.
7. I agree that if any portion of this release is found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be fully enforceable to the fullest extent allowed by law
This agreement is binding on my estate, heirs, administrators and assigns.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING LIABILITY RELEASE, UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND SIGN IT WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS SIGNIFICANCE.